Step 1: Choose power cell .
Digital cell battery and Power Cell difference
Digital cell : overheat then life will be much shorted than power cell .
Theory can be charged 600 times , actually can only charge 200 times .
Discharge rate is below 1C
Power cell : low heating , support big discharge current , discharge current is 3C
Step 2: Machine Pick up cells :
Mainly check the Internal resistance and voltage ,
Two cells Internal resistance tolerance is 3 Milliohms
Two cells voltage tolerance is 3 millivolt.
Pick up the cells is to make sure the High matching consistency ,avoid the over charge and over discharge
Step 3: Stick the Insulation circle ,avoid Short circuit .
Put a thin epoxy board between each series ,even battery cell wrap is damaged ,the battery still keep safe
Use only pure nickel band .low resistance ,never get rusty
Only use Polyimide tape .high temperature resistant ,insulated .
Automatic spot welding machine , High matching consistency.
Good Welding and Bad Welding OF ebike Battery.
Good and strong welding keep battery always in balance status, battery has good and long using life.
Bad welding will cause loose weld, battery will be not balance and always cut off, then most cells will die quickly.
Step 5: Manual testing
Every parallel cell has one Acquisition line
To test the voltage , there is Insulation board surround the cell
Step 6: Computer controlled power supply burn-in testing .
Test each cell's Discharge capacity ,check BMS maximum voltage and minimum voltage ,Make sure BMS has protection function when over charge or over discharge .
Step 7: Put warranty label ,all pasion ebike battery is backed with ping an Insurance ( global Insurance ) for up to 2 Million dollar per claim .
52V 20.3ah triangle battery Website ,click for more information :
When you are considering to upgrade your battery, make sure you get one that has high quality cells such as Panasonic,Samsung or LG . Using lower quality or generic cells will have shorter life cycle and poor performance. That being said, the BMS inside needs to be of high quality as well and if it goes bad, you end up with a dead battery regardless of what kind of cells you have inside. Like others have mentioned, it's best to buy from a reputable vendor when it comes to battery and choose one that comes with at least a 4amp charger (5A is better) and a warranty ( Global insurance). "You get what you pay for". If range is your main concern, I recommend you get at least a 20Ah battery. This will take you further than you can ever imagine on your ebike.
Battery Operation Instructions
- Charge:Connecting the battery pack to the charge controller, connect the charger to recharge.
- Discharge:Connecting the battery pack to the load ,connect the load to discharge.
- When you combine the battery with series or parallels, if there are oxidation layer on the surface, you
should brush surface to the metal glow with thin steel brush to lower the connective resistance to the minimal resistance.
- When combining with many batteries, if the voltage between the two electrodes is over 36V, the safe
voltage for human beings, to guarantee the safety, you should not touch the two electrodes with your body.
- If shelve a long time suggested that the battery voltage 51-54V, need for regular recharging (even if
not use), must charge and discharge for three months one time;
- Do not expose the battery to extreme heat or flame.
- Do not short circuit, over-charge or over-discharge the battery pack;
- Do not disassemble or modify the battery pack.
- Do not handle or store with metallic like necklaces, coins or hairpins, etc.
- Do not reverse the polarity of the battery pack for any reason.
- Do not immerse the battery pack in water or sea water, or get it wet.
- Use a constant current, constant voltage (CC/CV) lithium-ion (Li+) battery charge controller.